The Global Dry Toilet Association of Finland is a registered association founded in 2002 in Tampere, Finland. The objective of the association is to protect the waters of Finland and the world and to promote the implementation of the natural nutritional cycle.
Our vision is to make dry toilets an essential part of sustainable development, thus securing clean waters and a healthy environment for future generations. Our mission is to introduce functioning dry toilets together with controlled management of toilet waste and to make people aware of the benefits of dry sanitation.
The association has continuously a growing number of members, which is currently around 400 people, consisting of both companies and individuals.
To implement our objectives the association will:
- collect and distribute information on different types of dry toilet solutions
- develop dry toilet technology (DT-technology) and culture
- promote the use of dry toilets
- look after the interests of dry toilet users
- organise exhibitions, conferences and other events
- participate in research and publish research results
- find ways to solve problems regarding dry toilets
- make statements to the press and public regarding dry toilets